Important information for Dinghy customers. Click here to learn more.

Business Equipment Insurance

Essential insurance for freelancers and self-employed professionals. Business equipment insurance including camera, phone, gadget and laptop insurance.

Get your quote

Why buy Business Equipment insurance?

For most freelancers, contractors and self-employed professionals, your laptop is your modern workhouse. Without it you simply can’t work. Combined with your phone, camera, tablets and other business equipment you are a mobile office. What would happen if it was all stolen? At Dinghy, we offer worldwide insurance for all your equipment. We have a 24/7 business equipment claims service and if you live in mainland UK we will aim to have all your equipment replaced and couriered to you within 24 hours of you telling us; or quicker. And if we can’t meet that you can choose instant cash straight into your bank – no delays, no fuss – allowing you to get on with your job.
Get your quote

Why choose Dinghy Business Equipment insurance?

We know that your equipment is essential for your business. We also know that you want the freedom to be able to work from other places than just your home. That’s why we have a 24/7 claims service, worldwide cover, new model replacement, and our insurance covers you while you are working in a co-working space. We aim for a 24-hour replacement. From the moment we accept your claim we will work hard to make sure your replacement is with you as soon as possible. And if we can’t meet your expectations, we will send cash instantly to your bank. No delays of three days – instant money transfer. We want to get you your business equipment as quickly as possible, so you can work. However that works best for you.

Get your quote

What is business equipment insurance?

Most home insurance policies don’t cover your business equipment. Dinghy’s business equipment insurance covers loss, theft or damage to your business equipment whilst on your business premises, at home, on the move or even in a coworking space. So should anything happen to your vital business equipment or gadgets you will be covered and back up and running as soon as possible.

We cover you worldwide, wherever you may be. And are one of the few insurers who cover you whilst you are in a coworking space. So long as you don’t leave your belongings unattended. Simply make sure you correctly value your business gadgets and equipment so that you are fully covered with your Dinghy policy.

What does our Business Equipment insurance cover?

  • We cover loss, theft and damage to any equipment that is owned by your company.
  • We cover many kinds of business equipment, so for example, if you’re looking for Macbook Pro insurance, as long as it’s business equipment this is the place to come.
  • Our insurance covers you while you are working in a co-working space. So if your equipment is stolen overnight while locked in a shared space, or you go to get a coffee and someone sneaks past the security with your laptop, we’ll cover you. (Like every other insurer, we can’t cover you if you leave your equipment unattended in a public place, like a coffee shop so remember to be extra vigilant).

Who needs business equipment insurance?

As a freelancer, your business equipment is vital to your work and the functioning of your business. Without it, you will be seriously hampered in providing your services to your clients. As such, it is pretty essential to cover your business equipment.

At Dinghy we will replace your equipment in 24 hours, or pay cash into your bank if we cannot meet that promise. So that you can get back up and running as soon as possible if anything should go wrong. So whether it is your laptop, mobile phone or more specialist items, as long as it is your business equipment we have got you covered.

What equipment can I insure?

There are many examples where you will need insurance for your business equipment. As a photographer it will be vital to get camera insurance, or as a musician, to get musical instrument insurance. Whatever role you perform as a freelancer, it is almost certain that you will need laptop insurance to function in the modern world. Whatever your needs, we can cover it with Dinghy’s business equipment insurance.

Top professions who need PL insurance


Do I need Business Equipment insurance?

There is no requirement to insure your equipment. But most home insurance policies will exclude coverage for your business equipment, so if you don’t insure it under a business equipment insurance policy you run the risk. Ask yourself, could you afford to lose more than a day or two without your laptop? Get a quote

How much does Business Equipment insurance cost?

The price depends on where you live and work, and how much you choose to insure. The more you insure, the more expensive it will be. However, the cost of insurance is much less than the cost of replacing your business equipment. Get a quote

How does Business Equipment insurance work?

Our insurance covers theft and damage to your equipment. We will replace your equipment on a new for old basis; so if you damage a 2015 MacBook Pro then we will replace it with a brand new 2015 MacBook Pro of the same spec. Get a quote

What level of Business Equipment insurance do I need?

However much equipment you’ve bought under your company! And even if you have bought it personally, don’t forget you can sell the equipment to your business, which is better from an accounting perspective too. Because we replace as new, if your equipment is less than a year old use the amount you paid for it. Get a quote

Our Products

At Dinghy we have carefully crafted our insurance products with the self-employed professional and freelancer lifestyle at their core. In doing so they fit perfectly with your flexible hours and changing work environments. Reflecting the modern way you do business. Stack them together, manage them easily and get yourself covered.