Important information for Dinghy customers. Click here to learn more.

Freelance Musician Insurance

Business insurance for freelance musicians, performers and DJ’s. Get a quote in 60 seconds and be insured from a cost of just 25p a day.

Freely toggles on-and-off to suit your needs and save you money.
Get quote
Why choose freelance musician insurance from Dinghy?
You can be insured in under 5 minutes
Your time is precious – so you can get fully insured in less than 5 minutes, with your documents ready for you immediately in your online self-service area.
You get tailored insurance for freelance musicians
You are a musician not just ‘a freelancer’. We understand that, and that is why we offer specific cover to what you do and can pass the savings on to you.
You can save money when you’re not working
If you’re between contracts, or simply taking a break from work, then you no longer need to pay for insurance you’re not using. Turn your insurance off with a tap when you don’t need it and reduce your costs. We put you in control.
You get rock solid, world class insurance
We’ve partnered with some of the biggest names in the insurance industry to give you peace of mind with your cover, such as 24/7 equipment claims handling and expert lawyers to defend you.
What our customers say:
Frequently asked questions
What insurance does a freelance musician need?
As a freelance musician, you can make mistakes that cost your client’s money. You can insure this risk with professional indemnity insurance. We also offer public liability, and business equipment and Freelancer Assist included free on all policies.
How much does freelance musician insurance cost?
Less than you think! From 25p a day we can provide professional indemnity insurance of £100,000 each claim. Our average graphic designer pays less than £18 per month.
What amount of insurance should a freelance musician buy?
Every customer has different needs. Our most popular limit for freelance musicians is £1,000,000 professional indemnity, £1,000,000 public liability and £2,000 of business equipment.
What happens if I make an insurance claim?
First thing to do is not panic. We are here to help you. As soon as you need to make a claim you can login to your Self Service area and go to Support. If it’s an equipment claim, we will be there for you 24/7.
Do musicians, DJ’s or performers need public liability insurance?
As a musician, DJ, or performer your workplace is in the public realm. Whether at venues, studios, on the move with equipment or travelling between shows and gigs. Your office is the stage, on the go, and rightly so. But what risks do you face? And do you need public liability insurance as a musician? Public liability insurance covers you in case you, or your equipment causes any damage or harm to a member of the public, and the related compensation and legal costs that may be brought against you. As someone who is in constant contact with the public, moving equipment and travelling around, it makes sense to get public liability in case something goes wrong. It may even be that the venue requires you to have this insurance in order for you to perform.
How much does it cost to insure musical instruments?
Your musical instruments and equipment are quite literally the keys to your success as a musician, DJ or performer. Without them you are unable to perform. Therefore it is vital to insure your musical instruments and equipment. So how much does it cost to insure musical instruments? Certainly much less than it would cost if your prize instrument, decks or equipment were lost, stolen or broken. We have all heard of the one of a kind £400,000 violin being left on a train, and while your musical equipment may not be quite so stratospherically valuable, it is worth protecting. Any sentimentality need not be compounded by financial loss, or loss of work as a result. And as your musical instruments are business equipment, they will not be covered by your home insurance whilst being used or in transit for performing purposes. At Dinghy, we can cover your musical equipment by the day, hour or even second. Simply turn your cover on and off when you are working, and hey presto. You are covered! And the music can go on.

Our Insurance Partners

Allianz are one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz Group, one of the world’s foremost financial services providers. Allianz SE Group employs 142,000 employees worldwide, serving 85m customers in more than 70 countries. In the UK, Allianz Insurance employs over 4,600 people across a network of 26 offices. The company’s Head Office is situated in Guildford, Surrey. We have additional support services with over 1,000 people based in Trivandrum, India. Allianz offers commercial insurance with a full range of products for sole traders, right up to large commercial organisations.
ARAG’s UK operation provides a nationwide service from their Bristol Head office. They are part of ARAG SE, a global leader in legal expenses insurance which generates annual premium income in excess of €1.5 billion. It has always been their vision to enable everyone, not just those that can afford it, to assert their legal rights. With this aim in mind we have partnered with them to provide our innovative Freelancer Assist product.
Let’s do this
The only freelance insurance you’ll ever need. You’ll be covered in minutes.