Dinghy UK Limited is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services and website. This Privacy Statement relates to our use of any personal information you provide through the www.getdinghy.com website. In order to provide you with the best experience, we are sometimes required to collect information about you. Dinghy UK Limited is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
What information will Dinghy UK Limited collect about me?
How will Dinghy UK Limited use the information they collect about me?
Dinghy UK Limited uses your personal information in a number of ways including the following:
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide
- to personalise the way we present content to you
- to analyse and improve the services offered on https://getdinghy.com
- to help us understand how the website is used in order to maintain and improve it
- to deal with your requests such as managing your account(s) and providing you with information about products and services.
When will Dinghy UK Limited contact me?
Dinghy UK Limited may contact you in relation to any service you have asked to receive following completion of the information you have made on https://getdinghy.com
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To promote use of our services to you and others. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. If you use any of our Services and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send. In addition, we may use information we collect in order to advertise our Services to you or suggest additional features of our Services that you might consider using. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to advertise our Services to potential or other users like you.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose by clicking on ‘subscribe’ or ‘sign-up’ events (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Members. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Will Dinghy UK Limited share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Dinghy UK Limited does not sell or otherwise transfer any personal data to commercial companies or other organisations. We may share some cookie information with third party companies in order to help us analyse how the website is used, but this information cannot be used to identify you personally.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission.
Other providers, carefully selected by us, may also set cookies when you visit our site. This is often for ‘remarketing’ or ‘behavioural advertising’, a widely used web technique that tracks the pages you look at and tries to show you relevant products and services based on your preferences. You should refer to the cookie policies of these sites for more detail about their individual cookie approach.
How do I control cookies?
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can usually change your cookie preferences via your browser ‘preferences’ or ‘settings’ menu, usually in a privacy and security section. You can choose to block cookies here, but this will mean that our site and many others won’t work properly. You can also ask for alerts about cookies, see the cookies stored on your computer, and choose to remove or block particular cookies.
Offensive or inappropriate content on the Dinghy UK Limited website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to https://getdinghy.com, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on https://getdinghy.com, Dinghy UK Limited may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Dinghy UK Limited reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
How long will Dinghy UK Limited keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. Where you contribute to https://getdinghy.com. Dinghy UK Limited will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information Dinghy UK Limited hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Law you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Dinghy UK Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We are entitled to and do charge a fee of £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy Statement to Number One, Vicarage Lane, Stratford, London. E15 4HF
Contacting Dinghy UK Limited
Post: Dinghy UK Ltd, One Vicarage Lane, Stratford, London. E15 4HF
Page last amended 11th December 2017